Saturday, September 28, 2024

Favorite Nibs

To do COPPERPLATE calligraphy I use an oblique pen (which means the nib housing is off to the side) and pointed nibs.


I personally prefer the wooden oblique pens. The wooden pens have a slot on the left (for right handers) where a metal flange slips in to hold the nib you want to use. I've tried several nibs and have decided that I have three favorites. The first is the Nikko G nib which makes great thicks and thins when writing the letterforms.


The second is the Zebra G nib, which is close to the Nikko G.


The third is one (that I just recently started using) is the Leonardt 40 (nickname Blue Pumpkin). It's a wider nib and makes really nice thicks and thins when writing large.


Of course, there are other nibs that do the copperplate styles of lettering, but these are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment